Where do you play Boss Boss Radio?December 8, 2019
Chicago’s New Christmas AlbumDecember 10, 2019
Meet Kelly Cox our Boss Jock for December!
Kelly hails from New Orleans and as a child grew up riding her horse King who was a Thoroughbred standing nearly 17 hands tall! What’s a hand, you ask. A hand is equal to 4 inches and is the common measurement for horses. This makes ol’ King nearly 6 feet tall at the whither. That’s quite a leg up. Living in New Orleans, Mardi Gras was just a block away. Kelly has lived in a number of locales, including:
- Puerto Vallarta and Yelapa, Jalisco, Mexico. Living in Yelapa meant no electricity and no road to the town. Lots of great stories and memories! Kelly and her family came and went by boat. A beautiful scene!
- Mexico City. This is where Kelly learned to drive with special thanks to Lalo and Francisco Durazo. Learn well or get out of the way! She’s a great driver as a result and loves road trips. This is where Kelly first indulged her love of singing with private lessons.
- Kansas sometimes. Kelly’s mom is from Parsons, Kansas and she still has family there and a love for the region. This is where Kelly earned her degree from Labette Community College!
- In Lufkin, Kelly got her first RADIO gig and fell in love with being on air! At KSPL AM & FM Stereo Country, she learned much about radio from Phil Parr and Atmar Lester. She succeeded to the afternoon drive before moving on. And this is where Kelly got her first car!
- In Austin, Kelly released her latest CD self-titled Kelly Cox that emanates the true garage band style. Kelly finds Austin to be an amazing and fun music scene.
- In San Jose, Kelly signed on at Rock Icon KOME FM during the station’s brightest heyday, and many thanks to Program Director Mikel Hunter Herrington. The experience at KOME gave Kelly a radio family she cherishes to this day. Kelly laments, “The sense of fun and excitement we shared working for KOME remains unparalleled.”
- In Santa Barbara, she graduated from UCSB with a degree in Political Science with sights set on law school, but radio enticed Kelly back to KCQR FM Rock. Program Director Rick Williams helped her build on her experience with PSA and production director duties in addition to her favorite, the afternoon drive! It was while living in Santa Barbara that Kelly met her husband and began singing with him professionally in The Tommy Quale Band among many others. The two still enjoy singing together to this day. After Kelly’s son Dylan was born, she released Kelly Cox-Quayle, Songs for Dylan. Recorded and Produced by the highly talented Paul Hefti, the record mixes Tommy Quayle and Kelly Cox original lyrics, music and classic favorites that made up some of our sing-a-long and lullaby repertoires.
- Ventura. Kelly accepted an offer from production direction Carey Curelop to join KLOS Los Angeles which meant moving closer to the city and beginning her thrilling 14-year adventure in Market #2 Radio, and association with some of the best known Radio Pros in the U.S., such as Mark & Brian, Steve Downes, Joe Benson, Jim Ladd, and J.J. Jackson.
You can hear Kelly on occasion on The Knuckleheads Show!